The Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health in partnership with Global Weight Management Federation and Insurance Partner Arthur J Gallagher validates your credibility as a professional within the Weight Management Industry as well as with your clients upon successful completion and achievement of your Statement of Attainment.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Course Information” tab_id=”1654049124388-838495f1-99b2″][vc_column_text]Nutrition for Personal Trainers breakdown
Course Code and Name
There are 6 units of competency in this short course;
- NAT10859001 Work effectively in the weight management industry
- NAT10859002 Apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- NAT10859003 Develop meal plans in consultation with clients
- NAT10859005 Undertake initial weight management consultations
- NAT10859006 Undertake regular weight management consultations
- NAT10859007 Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
A detailed breakdown of lessons and course content is available upon request. Note: This is not a nationally Recognised Training Product however is made up of Units of Competency from a Nationally Recognised Training Product and upon successful completion you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment towards 10859NAT Certificate IV in Weight Management
Graduates will be able to provide a range of programs and services including an understanding of psychology and the effect on behaviour and provision of appropriate meal plans to create a weight management plan to achieve the adolescents’ (13 – 17) and adults’ (18+) weight management goals.
This short course coupled with your SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness and SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness provides the skills and knowledge to be competent in a range of activities and functions within the weight management industry in a broad range of settings, including (where required for high risk clients) working collaboratively with appropriate medical and allied health professionals to help motivate and mentor adolescents 13 – 17 or adults 18+ to achieve their weight management goals.
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with the weight management industry:
- Weight Management Practitioner
- Nutritionist (See our FAQ page for further details)
- Nutrition Advisor
- Weight Loss Consultant
- Motivational Weight Management Coach
- Wellness Coach
- Health Coach
General education outcomes
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Conducting individual and group consultations for the first time and over a period of time
- Nutritional principles and meal planning to meet individual needs for weight management outcomes
- Assessing client needs
- Analysing mindset and the effect on behaviour modification
- Working alongside appropriate medical and allied health care practitioners
This course is intended to provide participants with the following skills and knowledge to contribute to community outcomes such as:
- Consideration to the increasing prevalence of overweight and obesity
- Creating a community awareness of the long term benefits of weight management
- Improved community health
- Reducing the cost of, and impact on, healthcare associated with obesity and weight related health issues
- Improving workplace productivity and reducing associated costs with employee sick leave
Entrants to the short course must:
- Be a Fitness Professional who currently holds their SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness and SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets.
- have access to the internet (whilst all of the learning materials can be downloaded via pdf, internet access would be required to download the documents and to upload assessments).
Studying online is a cost effective way to study compared to traditional face to face methods. The flexible delivery allows you to keep working while you study and removes a lot of other costs involved.
- Save on transit costs
- No more extravagant parking fees
- Study when you what, where you want
- Affordable – student payment plan options are available
Take advantage of our interest free Payment Plan starting from just $300.00 and $50.00 per week.
Our Career Advisors are available to help you decide on the most suitable payment option depending on your budget. They can even tailor the payment plan to help you pay it quicker. Call them on 1300 969 367 to discuss your payment options.
At the Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health we want to see you succeed and are here to support you all the way. All of our courses include personalised Tutor support, which means you will be allocated a Tutor when you enrol and they will be your direct point of contact if you need any help or support throughout your studies.
It’s all part of the service:
- Tutor Access – via email with a guaranteed 1 business day response
- Access to the Student Support Team via phone – with a guaranteed 1 business day response (weekdays)
- Assignments are marked and returned within 10 business days
- A welcome email from your Tutor to assist with commencing your studies
- The opportunity to book in regular support calls
You can call them on 1300 969 367 or email email@example.com
Both these options are available within business hours (9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 9am – 2pm AEST).
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form by clicking the button below and a Career Advisor will contact you with the details you need.
- Start a new career in the weight management industry as a practitioner, consultant or coach in a variety of health and wellness areas
- Broaden your existing skills or knowledge so you can provide a holistic service to your clients
- Add a new service to your existing fitness business
If you are considering entering the weight management industry, here are 5 great reasons why you definitely should:
1. A rewarding career choice
Helping your clients to achieve their goals and sharing in their life-changing journey is an amazing experience, and one which creates a fulfilling and rewarding career.
2. Make a difference – for life
Through a holistic education in weight management covering the principles of psychology, nutrition and exercise, you will be able to help clients make permanent and lasting lifestyle changes not just affecting their weight, but their life.
3. Keep informed about exciting research
Neuroscience, nutrigenomics and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique); these are just a few areas of exciting research taking place in the weight management industry.
4. Join a growth industry
IBISWorld reports have indicated a growth of over 14% in the demand for weight loss counselling services in just two years (2012-2014); it is estimated that nearly three-quarters of the Australian population will be overweight or obese by 2025, so this increased demand is set to continue.
5. It’s never too late
Over 60% of our students are over the age of 40 (we even have students in their 70’s!), so if you are looking to make a change to a rewarding career, now is the time.
The Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health in partnership with Global Weight Management Federation and Insurance Partner Arthur J Gallagher validates your credibility as a professional within the Weight Management Industry as well as with your clients upon successful completion and achievement of your Statement of Attainment.
We are committed to providing the best level of student support and administration available. Throughout your short course you are provided with the support of a full time education team by telephone or email.
The Australian College of Weight Management & Allied Health undertakes competency based assessment; there are no exams. This approach means that our students can’t receive a “fail” mark on their assignments. If an assignment is not satisfactory, the student is able to reattempt the assignment with the support of the education team and their tutor where needed. Competency Based Learning means that we train our students to be competent rather than producing graduates that are simply able to pass tests or examinations.
How else will I benefit from studying with the Australian College of Weight Management?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.