Terms & Conditions of Enrolment with the Australian College of Weight Management”
A binding agreement shall arise between you and the Australian College of Weight Management, which shall be governed by the laws of Australia, when you accept the Terms and Conditions by:
- Signing and returning the original copy of the Application of Enrolment Form, or:
- Ticking the box “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” within the online enrolment form, or:
- Making your first course payment, whether the payment is in full or a deposit on a payment plan.
Australian College of Weight Management’s Assurances and Code of Practice
A comprehensive copy of the Code of Practice is available in the Student Handbook
Credibility and Governance
Online Fitness, trading as Onfit Training College RTO 32107, are partnering with Australian College of Weight Management in the delivery of the Certificate IV in Weight Management 10576NAT, and are the issuing registered training organisation (RTO); they are approved and regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Australian College of Weight Management implements policies and procedures which safeguard the interests and welfare of clients and stakeholders. These policies and procedures are detailed in the Student Handbook.
Australian College of Weight Management gives its assurance that staff involved in training & assessment have the relevant qualifications, skills and experience.
In relation to the recruitment of students, Australian College of Weight Management will at all times be ethical and will comply with access and equity principles.
Student Support Services
Australian College of Weight Management has strategies in place to identify and support students with language, literacy and numeracy challenges and refers to LLN specialists in instances where client needs fall outside of the scope of the organisation.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is the process of recognising skills & knowledge that map to a course regardless of where and when the skills and knowledge were obtained. The application process for RPL can be obtained from our website, or your Career Advisor.
- Entrants to the Certificate IV in Weight Management must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- have achieved a minimum year 10 level of education;
- have a minimum of three years’ employment or volunteer experience in working within a customer service environment;
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets; and
- meet the requirements for working with adolescents (13 – 17) in the relevant Australian State/Territory;
- OR the student has advised they do not intend to work with adolescents (13-17) but have been advised of the requirement should they choose to do so in future.
- Fitness Australia CEC Requirements:
- You must be a registered Personal Trainer in order to attain Fitness Australia CECs
Fees and Charges
Australian College of Weight Management will identify clearly for students the costs and terms of payment related to enrolment prior to students enrolling, this includes;
- Students enrolled into a Nationally Accredited Course have a 7-day orientation period from the date of enrolment.
- Students who withdraw within the 7-day orientation period will receive a full refund, less a $250 withdrawal fee; if the deposit paid was less than the $250 withdrawal fee, the balance will be due and payable at the time of withdrawal.
- Withdrawals will not be granted after the orientation period.
Students are responsible for honouring their course payments for the term of their finance agreement.
Failed payments on a payment plan will incur a $10 dishonour fee when re-debited.
Any student entering into a payment plan who falls into arrears of $400 will be considered to be in breach of their payment agreement and will therefore be required to pay the outstanding balance in full within 7 days.
In cases where students are suffering from medical ailment and are able to provide adequate documentation of such, upon application in writing, the student’s enrolment may be suspended for a period of no more than 6 months. No refund of course fees apply and the student will still be liable for all payments due under the agreed payment plan (if applicable)
Consent to Credit Check
- If you are a company, please note that we will be performing credit checks on you.
- 2. If you are a natural person you:
2.1. understand that the Privacy Act allows us to give a Credit Reporting Agency certain personal information about you. The information we disclose to a Credit Reporting Agency includes permitted information which will allow you to be identified, the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount, the fact that we are a current credit provider to you, repayments that are overdue and for which debt collection action has started, information that in our opinion you have committed a serious credit infringement (i.e. acted fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations);
2.2. agree to our obtaining from a Credit Reporting Agency a credit report containing information about your personal credit worthiness for the purpose of assessing your application and for the purpose of assisting in collecting overdue payments; and agree to our obtaining about your commercial activities or commercial creditworthiness from any business which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons, your accountant or any other supplier to you;
- agree to our giving to and obtaining from any credit provider named in your Application or in a credit report on you issued by a Credit
Reporting Agency, information about your credit arrangements for the purposes of:
3.1. assessing your Application;
3.2. notifying a default by you;
3.3. allowing another credit provider to ascertain the status of your arrangements with us where you are in default with one or more other credit providers; and
3.4. generally assessing your credit worthiness.
- You understand the information exchanged can include any information about your personal and/or commercial credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity which the Privacy Act allows credit providers to give to or receive from each other.
Every attempt is made to ensure all information from the Australian College of Weight Management is accurate and that the student has attained the competencies taught in a course, at the point of their assessment. Beyond this point, the graduate is responsible to maintain their acquired competencies, and apply acquired knowledge and skills in a way which is appropriate to the unique characteristics of each application. This will release the Australian College of Weight Management from any liability, action and claims of whatsoever nature in connection with, or arising from any such information instruction or advice, given by any student or ex-student, whether directions given during the course are followed or not. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. You should always check our website for the current and official version of this agreement.
Accepting Terms and Conditions for online enrolments:
- All information I have provided is true and correct
- I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Code of Practice on this enrolment form as well as the full Student Handbook and that I agree to abide by all ACWM policies, terms & conditions and am aware of my rights and obligations.
- I have read and agree to the timelines specified in the Student Handbook for the course/s I am enrolled in.
- I agree to pay the associated costs to extend the duration of the course/s I am enrolled in, if needed.
- I give permission to ACWM to use any marketing materials that refer to me.
- I (and/or the parent or guardian) understand that I (and/or the parent or guardian) am legally bound to honour the financial contract I (and/or the parent or guardian) am signing.
- I agree to the refund and cancellation policy.
- I give permission for ACWM to verify my USI.
- I hereby acknowledge and agree to all aspects of this enrolment and confirm this by ticking the box “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” within the online enrolment form .